Summary of Cover
Healthguard Essential is premium international medical cover that effectively covers for your health and wellbeing in Zimbabwe and around the world. This middle tier package offers you automatic cover in Sub-Saharan Africa and India. For cover anywhere else in the world pre-authorisation is needed.
This is a summary of benefits on the HEALTHGUARD Essential Package. For information that is more detailed including benefit limits, please contact HEALTHGUARD International or its nearest authorized agent. Cimas Medical Aid Society is the authorized agent in Zimbabwe. In general, benefit limits are paid per beneficiary per membership year and begin from the date the beneficiary joins. All benefits and benefit limits are paid up to an annual global limit.
|Annual Global Limits||50,000|
|Drugs - Member + 2 Dependants.||3,000|
|Drugs - Member + 3 Dependants or More.||4,000|
|Optical (Once Every Two Years).||500|
|Homes For Constant Nursing Care||14|
- 3 months waiting period applies on all benefits and the following also apply:
- 6 months waiting period applies to hospitalisation, specialist service, MRI, CT Scans and Nuclear medicine and for chronic medication.
- 9 months waiting period for spectacles and maternity cases.
- 2 years waiting period for all internal prosthetic devices, haemodialysis and chemotherapy.
- 2 years waiting period for organ transplant.